This house and its surrounding yard have been extremely impacted by the tornado took place in September 2018 in Ottawa. We missioned to redesign internal parts and whole outdoors spaces. The house was originally constructed in 1991, so the client asked us to improve its livability and vibrant. For example they used to receive many guests as well as they liked more spacious and brighter interiors. So we proposed them:
- The chimney demolished and became a new bay window
- Two new skylights designed in the ceiling of the main hall
- The existing master bedroom split to two new rooms
- A new window installed for one of the bedrooms
- Two skylights installed on the ceiling of the foyer area
The project is ongoing and the comparative photos would be revealed soon.